" Love of beauty is taste. Creation of beauty is art."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, October 12, 2008

Veteran's Day



Veteran's day is coming up on Tuesday, November 11th; about a month from today. (That means the Marine Corps Ball is about a month off too...yikes). Anyway, the point is that I hope everyone takes the time to remember who we are celebrating on our "3 day weekends." If you know a member of the US Military, past or present, take the time to thank them or do something special to show your appreciation...because they and their families take a lot of pain so that most Americans don't have to.
This Photo is from a local Marine Corps unit's homecoming from Iraq...I think people often get caught up in the politics and forget that there are real people every day who sacrifice, and are proud of the sacrifice our troops have given to serve America. Right after the 9-11 attacks I couldn't go a block without seeing a US or military flag proudly displayed...and now, it takes a scene like this to capture true American pride. How fickle people are...and how quickly they forget. Many have given their lives--some literally, some figuratively--to serve this country, and we owe at least a thanks to them. So don't forget--one month is plenty of time to buy/make a card or gift for the service member in your life! My husband told me last year that I was the only one to wish him happy Veteran's day. I don't think that's acceptable. Let's do our best to make sure our veterans feel appreciated this year!


No comments: