Well, it's pretty clear I've been on hiatus for awhile, and here's why: In addition to moving to our new house (*yay!*) I've been without a computer for several months, and I am currently on my brand spankin' new one! (*double yay!*)
So much new stuff going on: at design school, I've got several interesting ventures going on.
First of all, I've FINALLY got access to the studio equipment and am dying to get in there and use it. Pictures will appear soon from my first shoot, which will probably end up being of me (I'm teaming up with a few girls and I somehow got elected to "model" for our first shoot...haha)
Second, in a totally unexpected twist, I'm in a filming class. Last night was my first rendezvous with the expensive camera equipment, and the awesome film editing software. I'll be using a Dolly, a puffy microphone on a stick, and all that stuff I thought no one in their right mind would let me touch. We had an interesting time running around campus last night filming a "scary" story with absolutely no cohesion or plot, but it was fun anyway!
Third, I'm designing an entire magazine this quarter...I'm pretty excited. It's going to be a newlywed-centered magazine (you know, for those of us who are technically grown-ups and have husbands--yes, it's tailored to women--but are still fun twenty-somethings who love to have fun and don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. That's kind of where I'm at now--I'm in between those fun, hair-and-makeup, style magazines tailored towards singles and those home-improvement, cooking, business-y magazines for older women. SO, here's something for me and people like me. I might post a few articles, so watch out!
Anyway, I'm sort of up to speed so I'll post some pictures. (that's why you're really on here, right?)
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment